Ladles up! Here is the Best Cookware for Glass Top Stoves
Have you been up to some serious cooking lately? By serious, I mean cooking some good old recipe that you haven’t had for quite some time.
You may or may not be the best chef in town or in your home. Nonetheless, I think we can agree that cooking can be therapeutic. And this is especially true if you have the best gears to use in that “kitchen battle.”
How has your cookware set been anyway? When was the last time you shopped for the best ones? Shopping for this kind of set can be tricky and will depend on the type of stove you use.We are in the modern age now, so I guess your stoves are now modern too. So, I have come up with the list of the best cookware for glass top stoves on the market today.
Buyer’s guide for the best cookware for glass top stoves
Choosing the best cookware set for a glass top stove or for any type of stove is relatively straightforward. Moreover, you do not need to be a “kitchen nerd” to understand which specifications to look for among the brands.
What’s Cooking America shares some of the qualities that you need to look for in a cookware set? This can help you limit your choices.
Heat Conductivity – This, of course, is your top priority. You would want a set of pots and pans that cook well.
Price – Again, this is a top priority. This goes for everybody, no matter how much money we have. What we want is the best value for your hard-earned cash. If you are on a tight budget, choose the set that is reasonably priced. However, do not sacrifice the quality.
Durability – This is a no-brainer and the first quality you look for in any kitchen tool. You don’t want to keep on buying cookware over and over.
Reactivity – Now this concerns the chemical reactions that occur during the heating process. Certain materials react badly with food, like certain metals. Those are the ones that your cookware should not be composed of. Try and be careful on this part to ensure health and safety.
Maintenance – Lastly, you want the cookware that is not time-consuming to wash and store. Look for those that are dishwasher-safe and can easily be cleaned with soap and water, leaving no stain and smell.
There you have it—a whole list of factors to consider when doing your cookware shopping. The best bet will be up to you. For now, take a good look and compare the pros and cons of the following review.
Top 5 Best Cookware for Glass Top Stoves
This Circulon cookware set is a made out of hard anodized aluminum, and the bases are made of stainless steels. Furthermore, the ten-piece collection consists of two covered saucepans, a sauté pan, a stock pot and two skillets. These pans come in various sizes.
Also, the entire exterior of the pans are non-stick and are perfect for glass top stoves.
- The pans remain cold even when on direct heat from the stove. This is because of the non-stick aluminum coating.
- Even the stainless steel handles remain cool, so you no longerneed to use pot holders.
- All parts of the set are dishwasher safe and easy to wash.
- The lids are made of stainless steel as well.
- It can be used not only for stoves but for ovens as well (up to500 degrees)
- The non-stick feature is efficient, and the food just slides off the pans easily.
- It works well with any type of stove, and the bases fit well on any of them too.
- All the pans cook the food evenly because the heat is evenlydistributed.
- Circulon ensures that the set is heavy duty. Nonetheless, theyoffer a lifetime warranty for this set.
- The stock pot may be too big and cumbersome to use for everyday cooking. Consequently, it can be too bulky if you have small storage space.
- The aluminum exteriors may come out sharp and may scratch your glass-top stove, so you need to be careful.
This cookware set by ELO is a high-quality set that is made of stainless steel. It consists of ten pieces of pots and pans that are gloss-polished. Each of the lids contains stainless steel in the rim areas. Meanwhile, the entire cover of the lid is made out of glass. Moreover, the lid has a vent that is conducive for air ventilation.
- The handles and the bases of the pots and pans are ergonomic andgenerally easy to use.
- It works well with any type of stove—electric, glass, gas or induction stoves. Their bases fit well on any of them too.
- ELO has been known for manufacturing high-quality cookware for years. This particular set is no exception.
- The entire set is dishwasher safe. It is very easy to clean up even when you cook food with hard stains.
- All the pans cook the food evenly because the heat is evenly distributed.
- ELO offers a lifetime warranty and money back guarantee as well.
- Even when the pots and pans are made of metal, they are surprisingly thin and light to handle.
- Each of the pieces looks fantastic and attractive too. It can go well with your classy kitchen design.
- The rivet covers can be complicated to clean up as you cannot reach in deep with a regular sponge.
- Just like in any other cookware, there may be problems using this set with high heat. This is because of the stainless steel make-up of the pots and pans.
This cookware set consists of fifteen pieces of pots and pans that have a non-stick coating.
The lids are made out of tempered glass. Meanwhile, the handles are made of silicone and do not slip on the hands. Also, they stay cold even when the pan is on high heat. The set is also covered in aluminum and distributes heat evenly on the pans.
- This cookware set consists of fifteen different pots and pans, unlike the usual sets that have ten. This means you will have more options that will suit your needs and preferences.
- The handles do not heat up too much and are soft for the hands. You no longer need to worry burning your hands when you forget to use pot holders.
- The entire set is very easy to clean up even when you cook food with hard stains.
- The color and design of the pots and pans look reasonably attractive. They can go well with your kitchen’s classy design.
- The set is good even for a small storage space. They are not too bulky, and you can just leave them on the counter after wash.
- The materials used on them are not prone to dents. You will not have to worry having them damaged during shipping.
- The color of the pans may quickly fade in time especially when you use it regularly. This applies especially to the base of the pans. They can turn into an entirely different color like brownish
- If you use the pieces too often and for long periods, you will have to wash them too often too. This leads to having loose screws and nails, which can be dangerous.
This is another great cookware set from Cook N Home. This time, the ten piece set is made of a non-stick ceramic coat. The pots and pans of this set are all free of Polytetrafluoroethylene, Perfluorooctanoic Acid lead, and cadmium. Because all pieces are made with a ceramic base, you are sure that they are resistant to scratches. The material used for the heating process isaluminum.
- The hard aluminum base provides evenly distributed heat which helps the food be cooked well and balanced.
- The handles are soft to touch and remain cold even when the pan is on high heat. This is because they are made of silicone.
- The color and design of the pots and pans look relatively attractive. They can go well with your kitchen’s classy design.
- The paint used to finish the exterior is high heat-resistant. This means you will not have to worry about chipping it off.
- It works well with different types of stoves. And because it is non-stick, you no longer need to spray the insides to keep the food from sticking.
- The weight of all pans and pots are moderate. You will not have a hard time lifting them off from one corner to another.
- The handles and lids are well-riveted and fit well. They do not slide of the rims.
- You cannot use metalware or steel utensils because the ceramic coating may get ruined. You still need to purchase non-metal spatulas and tongs.
- The set is not oven-safe or microwave-safe.
This nine-piece cookware set is another well-reviewed set from ELO Cookware. It comes with non-stick oven mitts perfect for handling the pots and pans. The entire set is German-engineered and uses high-grade aluminum for the heating process. The handles are ergonomic and well insulated. The bottom coating of the pieces allows even distribution of heat.
- The entire set is dishwasher safe. It is very easy to clean upeven when you cook food with hard stains.
- The handles are soft to touch and remain cold even when the pan is on high heat.
- Each one is crafted well and with creativity. The design is attractive and can go well with your kitchen’s classy theme.
- The black coating makes the set appear classy.
- The set does not eat up too much space as it has only nine pieces. Also, the materials are not too bulky or cumbersome to store.
- The non-stick feature works well with any type of cooking. You no longer have to worry about the coating chipping off. You can even clean it dry with a paper towel.
- It works well with any type of stove—electric, gas, induction or glass.ELO offers a lifetime warranty and money back guarantee as well.
- Compared to other brands that have the same features, it is more costly considering it has only nine pieces.
- You cannot use metalware or steel utensils because the inside coating may get ruined. You still need to purchase non-metal spatulas and tongs.
All these listed sets are the best of the best regarding all the factors I discussed above. However, if you are only up for a replacement for your old smelly set, you can only choose one.
My personal bet would have to be the ELO Skyline Stainless Steel Kitchen Induction Cookware Pots and Pans Set. Among all the pros and good qualities of this brand, what I personally loved about it is the value for money.
It may be the most expensive set of all that are listed above, but it sure has the best value. ELO has been a trusted brand. Moreover, they offer a lifetime warranty on the parts. Also, they are willing to return the money in case the set gets damaged.
So, what do you guys think? Seeing the comparison and contrast, do you agree with me? Feel free to write down your comments below. If you have suggestions, I’ll be happy to read them too. Happy cooking!