5 Options When Choosing the Best Griddle for Pancakes
Pancakes are a favorite breakfast food all over the world. No matter how simple this food is, some people have difficulty making them. Perhaps the secret is to find the best griddle for pancakes. Once you have the best griddle for pancake, you can make the fluffiest and tastiest pancakes.
**Below, you'll see more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices and read customer's reviews on Amazon.
How to choose a pancake griddle
- Gas griddles are the perfect choice for making the best pancakes because the heat is well distributed all over the surface. However, electric ones are easier to use. These are two details that a person looking for the best griddle needs to consider.
- If you plan on cooking pancakes almost every morning, you might go for the heavy duty type. It is durable and useful for cooking large amounts of pancakes for breakfast and brunch parties.
- The ease of cleaning is something you need to consider. The easiest to clean are those that you can quickly wipe off the dried pancake batter.
- Size is another matter to consider. Take into consideration of the area where you are going to put it. Measure the area before you purchase the griddle. For your convenience, it is best to choose a griddle that you can just put into the area you want it in.
Benefits of a pancake griddle
- Equal distribution of heat. The full, flat surface assures you that the heat from the source is distributed well because of the vast space on the surface. A thick flat-top adds to this dimension which means that when you ladle an amount of pancake better, everything will cook evenly and have no burn marks.
- There are no edges that get in the way when flipping. Sometimes, when using a sauté pan, the edges get in the way of the flipping motion.
Thus you end making a mess out of your pancakes. With the absence of an elevated edge, you can smoothly use your spatula to go under the pancakes and flip them over.
- Full surface. The large surface is a huge benefit especially if you are going to make pancakes for a large group of people. You can do five or six large pancakes in one go instead of 1 or 2, and it saves you so much time.
What to look for in a pancake griddle
- Thickness. A griddle that is thick enough will distribute heat evenly on the surface. The top of the griddle should be about a quarter of an inch thick.
- An easy-click switch. Since the burners of the griddle are underneath it, it is important that the igniter and the burners are easy to light with just a click of the switch.
Unfortunately, some flat tops are difficult to light. It is particularly the case with gas fueled griddles. The only thing you can do is to test the igniter and burner.
How to season and clean a pancake griddle
Before you take your first ladle of pancake batter onto your griddle, you have to season it. Seasoning the top of the griddle conditions it for cooking.
You need to pour a teaspoon of cooking oil that can handle high heat (not olive oil).
Use a flat spatula or a sheet of kitchen towel to spread the oil thinly from the center to the ends. Add more oil if you need.
Turn the griddle on to 350 degrees for an electric variant or to high heat for a gas option. Wait until the oil and surface smokes.
Shut down the heat right away and take out the excess oil once the top cools down. Do the process one more time.
Cleaning your griddle after every use is important. It prevents the sticky batter from staying on it forever and prolongs the life of the griddle top.
After using it, it is important to pour cold water on the surface of the griddle to cause the sticky batter and oil to lift itself. The process makes it easy to scrub off the oil and dirt from the top.
The best instrument to scrape the top is a flat spatula. Use it to guide the dirt and oil towards the oil receptacle of the griddle.
How to use a pancake griddle
- Set it up.
There are two types of pancake griddles: an electric griddle and a gas variant. You need to find a big enough area to set up your griddle. For the electric type, you only need to plug it in. For the gas type, you need to attach it to a gas tank.
Before you start making your pancakes, you need to pre-heat the griddle. For an electric type, you have to turn the knob to 350 degrees and leave it for ten minutes. For the gas variant, turn the heat on to medium heat and leave it for about two to three minutes.
Once your griddle preheats to the right temperature, you can start cooking your pancakes. Dab a little oil or butter on it and pour ladles and ladles of pancake batter on it. Wait till the surface filled with small bubbles.
Using a flat spatula, you can flip the pancakes over. Cook the other side for about thirty seconds and take it off the griddle.
The Five best Griddles for Pancakes Review
Following are the five best griddles for pancakes that you should take a look. They are all rated 4-5 star on Amazon. We have summarized key features of these products for you. Hope you make a good choice.
Design Superiority. The griddle is made from top-quality aluminum that is so robust and sturdy, and it assures you that it can go a long way.With this feature, the Ecolution Artistry Non-Stick Griddle is the best griddle for making pancakes.
- The handle contains high-performance silicon that makes it safe to handle even in high heat.
- The grooves make sure that the heat is well distributed all over the surface.
- The best part of the design concept is the inclusion of a non-stick surface. The surface contains water, therefore, is not toxic making your pancakes healthy and safe to eat.
- It is eco-friendly. The main concept is to make an eco-friendly griddle. The Ecolution griddle comes in packaging that is 70 percent recycled material.
- The product contains non-toxic and safe materials. The griddle is made from a non-stick material free from Perfluorooctanoic acid or PFOA.
The absence of the chemical compound makes the griddle cancer safe. It is an act of concern from the manufacturer to you, the consumer, and the earth.
- Safe usage. Treat the griddle with special by using only spatulas safe for non-stick surfaces. Once you are done with cooking, cool the griddle on a tiled or stainless steel surface before cleaning it in the dishwasher.
3. All-Clad 3020 Hard Anodized Aluminum Scratch Resistant Nonstick Anti-Warp Base Double Burner Grande
It is a big griddle which comes in a 20-inch length by 13-inch width. The griddle top contains non-stick material
- The large surface allows you to cook about a dozen small sized pancakes at the same time. It straddles two burners on the stove top.
- It has a small depression that runs around the edges of the griddle. The depression collects the excess grease which makes your pancakes healthy.
- It has stainless steel handles. The design incorporates sturdy materials for the handles. Even if the handles contain high-quality stainless steel, they stay cool while cooking. The handles offer an elevation of about two inches from the ground that makes grabbing the griddle easy.
- The exterior design integrates top quality aluminum as its main material. It makes the exterior scratch proof and warp-free. The interior of the griddle includes extreme performance aluminum. It ensures that the heat is distributed evenly throughout the surface. It produces pancakes that are evenly cooked.
- With a non-stick surface, you can cook your pancakes with no butter or oil. Aside from this, cleaning is easy since you only need to wipe it with a clean cloth.
- The griddle contains scratch-proof aluminum with a non-stick layer on the surface. It makes cooking pancakes easy.
- The handle construction includes Phenolic material which stays cool while cooking.
- The griddle has an extended 10-year warranty on it.
- Children love this pan because it makes seven one-dollar size pancakes. It is one griddle that children can use with adult supervision. The size of the pancakes is just enough for them to munch on in one bite.
- It is easy to clean up and maintain. It can be washed with regular soap and water, or wiped down and stored safely until the next use.
This is an 11-inch square griddle used to cook pancakes, burgers, french toast, and bacon.
- It has a low profile aluminum body with a non-stick surface. You can bring this along on camping trips since it is lightweight, easy to stow, and carry.
- Easy to clean, either in the sink. Dishwasher safe.
- Fat-free cooking. The food does not stick, so there is no need to add extra butter, fat, or grease.
- Easy to maintain.
- Even temperature all throughout the surface.
- Functional but not fancy, it can be used for a long time if maintained properly.
- The downside is that only medium heat can be used because high heat could cause the aluminum frame to warp or get deformed.
With everything taken into consideration, all of the five candidates for the best griddles have all the best features. All of these can cook the best pancakes, are cleaned quickly, and are set up with little fuss.
But if there is one clear winner here, it has to be the Presto 07061 22-inch Electric Griddle With Removable Handles. It is easy to clean. The aluminum base distributes the heat evenly on the surface.
It is thick enough which means that it is sturdy sufficiently to last for years.
But the one advantage it has over the other products is its size. With its wide surface, you can cook a good number of pancakes which are about six medium sized pancakes at one time to feed your whole family in one cooking.
So if you want to have an easy time preparing everybody’s favorite breakfast treat, go with the Presto 07061 22-inch Electric Griddle With Removable Handles.
Do you have any experience with these products? Or do you have any suggestion of the best griddle for pancake? Do not hesitate to share with us. We love to hear from you now!