Turkey Heads! Here Is The Best Roaster Oven
The holiday season is in again. I think we can all agree that now is the worst time to go on a diet. Now is the best time to just eat and devour the overflowing food on the table.
What are your staple foods during the holiday season? I’m pretty sure there is something roasted—a whole chicken or a slab of beef, perhaps?
If you are the chef of the house, you know how much work you need to put in on roasting. I mean, I do. And let us not forget to mention that it’s a little tedious to wait for the meat to finish cooking.
This is where the help of our oven comes in. We know how important it is to select the best roaster oven during these times.
Choosing The Best Roaster Oven
Why Bother Choosing A High-quality Roaster Oven?
The answer to this question is relatively straightforward. Whether you are the assigned home cook or a self-proclaimed chef, you know you don’t want to waste cooking time. Besides, cooking manually is not only time-consuming but tiring.
No host wants his guests to wait too long just to eat—this is the biggest no-no in a party. Also, the roast is always the center if the dining table. You would not want the “star” to be late.
More than this, the quality of the roast matters more. Only a high-quality roaster oven can do the job of evenly cooking all parts of the meat. Furthermore, only the high-quality ovens can bring out the best flavors of your chosen marinade.
How Do We Choose The Best Roaster Oven?
First of all, hunting for the perfect roaster oven requires some research. You have to learn how to understand the specifications of the units especially if this is your first time.
To be honest, appliance shopping is not a piece of cake in general. You have to be patient, and you need to have the perseverance to find the one that suits your needs. So, if you are willing to do “roaster oven talk,” you need to consider many things.
First is your budget. This is the top priority of most household shoppers. Remember that what you want is the best value for your money. This means you can purchase the cheapest while making sure it passes the standards you have set.
Also, you need to consider your needs and preferences alike. The balance between these two can be tricky, so you have to examine them carefully.
For instance, if you want a unit that is huge, you have to think about the space it will occupy in your kitchen. Will your kitchen be spacious enough or not?
Meanwhile, you may also want to look into the oven you want. Do you prefer an electric or gas oven? Either of the two is fine, but each of them has its pros and cons too, of course.
Now it seems as though more and more questions arise. So, let us go through the list that can limit your options.
The Top 5 Best Roaster Ovens
This unit is a 22-quart stainless steel electric oven. It is intended for baking, roasting, and cooking. It comes with a removable pan and a rack.
- The unit is flexible. It can be used for roasting, baking, and even stewing.
- It looks durable and solidly constructed. The stainless steel material adds to its durability feature.
- It is also easy to clean since the food stains do not stay in the oven. This means there will no longer be extra foul smells either. You can clean it by just pouring in water with a little bit of soap. After washing, you can easily wipe the parts dry.
- This model comes in different sizes. You can choose the one that best fits your space in the kitchen.
- Any food cooked in this oven comes out moist; thus making a flavorful finish.
- The temperature can be adjusted easily and can be seen clearly from the front of the oven.
- Upon purchase, you may choose from the additional buffet pans that they offer in the store.
- The heat may come out too quickly and transfer to the outside parts of the oven. This can quickly burn the hands of the one handling the food.
- It can be a little hard to lift the wired rack using pot holders or rags.
- The unit is quite large compared to other units that have similar features.
- The lid of the pan is a little flimsy, so you have to take extra measures lifting it.
This unit is a 22-quart stainless steel roaster oven. It comes with a self-basting lid and a removable roasting pan made of enamel on steel. Also, it comes with a steel roasting rack. The unit is easy to use for baking, roasting, and stewing.
- This unit mainly boasts its self-basting lid technology. This is one of the few models that have this feature. With this feature, you no longer have to do manual basting which can save you time and effort.
- The self-basting lid also blocks the heat and traps it inside so that it does not escape. This will then make the cooking or roasting faster and more effective.
- Perfect for baking any recipe you want. It can do well for muffins and even cakes.
- Comes with a booklet that serves as a mini recipe book. It contains suggestions on how to do well in roasting.
- Just like any other appliances, this unit can perform slowly and can be prone to wear and tear. If you use it too often, the coating of the pan may start to chip.
- If the coating starts to chip, the enamel will then flake off. This will make cooking unsafe and impossible.
- There are no special cords or handles that can be touched in case the unit gets too hot.
- For its price, you can only expect it to perform well if you do not use it on a daily basis. It might only do well for special occasions.
This unit is a 16-quart roaster and smoker oven. This is also one of Oster’s oven collection. It can serve as a smoker that you can use for both indoor and outdoor occasions. It also comes with a roasting pan that is made of enamel on steel and a roasting rack.
- It can roast up to a 20-pound turkey, which is perfect for huge gatherings.
- The unit is versatile in functionality. It can roast, smoke, steam, and slow cook.
- It comes with built-in pockets that can store wood chips for when you use it outside. This is perfect for camping and a bonfire gathering.
- The roasting pan and rack are easy to wash up and pat dry after use. It does not leave any stain.
- The enamel on steel material helps distribute the heat equally to the entire roasting pan.
- It can do well for baking any recipe you wish to try, like muffins and cakes.
- The smoker does well in camps and does not require charcoal. Even wood chips will do.
- The temperature control is well calibrated and easy to operate.
- In some cases, the heat has to be adjusted very low to prevent burning. You will still need to use an internal thermometer just to make sure you get the right amount of heat.
- The cord may be a little too short. You will still need to purchase an extension cord so you can plug it in far outlets.
This unit is a 22-quart stainless steel roaster oven. It is portable and can be used for baking, cooking, stewing and roasting. It has an easy-to-operate knob on its front panel for temperature control. The size is about 8 by 25-2/7 by 11 inches.
- The unit can also be used in serving the dish you cooked. It is a presentable serving tray.
- The insert pan and lid are both removable. It also comes with a roasting rack that is easy to lift out when you are done.
- The side handles of the oven are cool to touch even when roasting.
- The parts are all easy to wash and pat dry after use.
- It comes with a user manual and a booklet of recipes you can try for the first time. All are with complete, detailed instructions.
- It is heavy duty and can be used for long cooking hours for different recipes. This is perfect for huge gatherings, especially when you are the host.
- The meat cooks evenly inside, and it comes out moist and flavorful.
- If the turkey is huge, it may not be advisable to use a plastic bag to wrap it up. It might touch the top and the bottom part of the oven and might melt or even burn.
- If used for long periods of cooking, the enamel that coats the pan might chip off. The pan will start to have little flakes on them, and it may be impossible to put food in it.
This unit is a 14-inch stainless steel roaster oven. It comes with removable racks and lifters. The aluminum coating covers the pan and is layered between the stainless steels. This evens out the heat in the pan. The lids are made out of tempered glass.
- The stainless steels used are non-porous which gives out a clear surface that complements the use of utensils.
- You can use the unit as a serving tray or dish. It is presentable because the exterior is well and elegantly brushed.
- The surface reflects and you can easily see the cooking process. It will no longer be hard to monitor whether the food is evenly cooked.
- It can cook up to 25-pound turkey.
- The handles are comfortable to hold. They are triple-riveted. You can lift and turn them easily.
- All parts of the unit are dishwasher safe and easy to wash and pat dry.
- Calphalon offers a full lifetime warranty for the unit.
- The roasting rack sits right at the bottom of the pan and may slide off sideways easily. Knobs should be placed at the corners to hold the rack securely.
- It can cater to a huge turkey, but still, the size may be too small to put too much food in.
- If you use it for long periods, you can expect the quality of the surface to wear off. The coating may chip off very easily, and spots can form at the bottom of and on the pan.
There are lots of factors to consider when buying any appliance. Choosing the best roaster oven is not an exception to that fact.
For whatever purposes it will serve, even when it’s not for roasting, you’ll always have to do compare and contrast. This is the tricky part, especially if you are not an expert.
I would have to say that the Oster CKSTROSMK18 Smoker-Roaster Oven got me, among all five. It does not only serve a double purpose (smoking and roasting), but it is also versatile.
I mean you don’t usually find an appliance that can be used outdoors right? I am up for that kind of convenience.
However, shopping for a roaster oven need not be too stressful for anyone. Like I mentioned above, just know which one best fits your needs and preferences.