How to Make Pizza Sauce and Marinara Sauce: Simple and Easy Way
Sauces are considered to be popular ingredients all around the world. The recipes always change from one person, one country or one culture to another. If you’re such a sauces lover as me, you must ask yourself how to distinguish between marinara vs pizza sauce.
I have wondered about this question for a long time after recognizing how much alike these two sauces are! Therefore, I decided to ask my friend, who is a chef for clarification; I was so amazed when receiving the answer that they’re not definitely the same.
From that time, my interesting about marinara vs sauce was piqued. So, I did research more about them. If you want to know more detailed information about my research, read them below.
The Marinara sauce was known in the mid of 16th century when the Spaniards brought tomatoes to Europe. Just in a quick time, the Italians recognized it as the completely new ingredient.
People use Marinara sauce widely in all of the red sauces. It’s very easy to use because all you have to do are just some ingredients such as olive oil, herbs, and tomatoes. The quality of the sauce will be changed by what kinds of tomatoes you use. Thus, it’s better for you to use Marzano tomatoes.
The name of the Pizza sauce implies how it’s used. Truthfully, people use the pizza sauce as an indispensable ingredient for pizza. Like marinara, the recipes of the pizza sauce always vary in numerous ways.
As you known, pizzas are favorite dishes for everyone of all ages. The easiest and fastest way to create a pizza sauce is that you should use tomato sauce with some olive oil and garlic.
If you don’t have any fresh tomatoes, you can also use a variety of canned tomatoes. However, in order to avoid changing the basic taste of the tomato sauce, you should use those without herbs.
The Difference Between Marinara vs Pizza Sauce
There are mainly two kinds of pizza lovers in the world: those who likes to enjoy the double-concentration of marinara sauce and those who prefers pizzas with pizza sauce.
Marinara sauce is considered as a particular kind of sauce. Meanwhile, a pizza sauce can refer to any type of tomato-based sauce, which you can use it on the top of a pizza. However, people sometimes use marinara vs pizza sauce and nobody can tell what the difference between them is.
The Way of Cooking
You can actually make pizza sauce with no need to cook while you have to cook the marinara sauce for a thicker consistency.
In spite of the fact that the marinara sauce is cooked, the consistency appears to be much thinner in comparison with the pizza sauce.
If you don’t hope that your sauce will run out of the crust when cooking it in the oven, you need to use a thicker pizza sauce. If you don’t do that, you are destroying the quality of its crust and making it squishier.
In terms of flexibility, the marinara sauce wins the pizza sauce completely. Therefore, you can cook numerous dishes such as pizza, pasta with the marinara sauce or also use it as a dipping sauce.
The decoration of the marinara sauce is much more complicated than the pizza one. For instance, the marinara sauce has a tendency to shine in all dishes while the pizza sauce is just used as a basic ingredient in pizzas.
To make them easier to distinguish, the pizza just emphasizes the pizza’s crust while the flavor of the marinara sauce highlights in the whole dish.
Marinara Sauce Recipe
- Olive oil: 4 tablespoons
- Chopped onion: 1 cup
- Dried basil: 1 tablespoon
- Minced garlic: 2 tablespoons
- Crushed tomatoes (It’s better to use fresh tomatoes. In case there are not any fresh ones, you can replace them with the canned variety): 3 to 4 cups
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Firstly, use a pan to heat the olive oil, then sauté the garlic with high heat.
- Secondly, when the garlic changes its color to brown, add some basil and onions and minimize the heat.
- The third step, when the onions become translucent, mix the simmer and crushed tomatoes altogether.
- Finally, wait for some minutes until all the flavors are mixed well, then add pepper and salt to taste and serve.
Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Olive oil: 2 tablespoons
- Anchovies (optional): 2
- Minced garlic: 2 tablespoons
- Chopped fresh oregano: 1 tablespoon
- Crushed tomatoes: 3-1/2 cup or 28-ounce tomatoes: 1 can ( San Marzano tomatoes should be used)
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Dried oregano: ¼ teaspoon
- Baking soda: a pinch
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil and fry the anchovies over medium-low heat in a saucepan.
- When the anchovies begin to sizzle, add some garlic and stir for about 60 seconds.
- The next step, add the oregano and stir for about 60 seconds.
- At this time, add some crushed tomatoes and increase more heat (medium level). Then, stir sugar, pepper, and salt.
- After that, simmer in about 40 minutes.
- To make the acid to be neutral, add a small pinch of baking soda.
You can cook a plenty of dishes with marinara sauce while pizza sauce is just used in pizzas. In addition, pizza sauce has a thicker consistency than marinara ones. Meanwhile, the pizza sauce doesn't need to cook, the other ones can be cooked.
Have you ever tried making for yourselves the marinara vs pizza sauce? We would be very pleased to see your comments in the section’s comments below. Remember to share this meaningful post with all your friends.